- India is on rank 3rd in solar market in 2019 India has been ranked third in terms of the largest solar market in 2019 as per Mercer Global listing for 2019. India had 9% of the World’s installed capacity. China has topped the ranking with about 30 GW (26% of World Capacity). The United States is on the second Rank. Adani Green Energy has emerged as the top Solar Developer in 2019 with 12.3 GW capacity.
- On Manufacturing of AK-203 Rifles, Agreement signed between India and Russia The Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is at Russia’s capital Moscow attending SCO meet. He is on three-day-visit. The Defence Minister on the side lines of the SCO meet held talks with this Russian counterpart Shoigu. During the meet, the leaders signed the AK-203 rifles deal. According to the deal, the rifles are to be produced in India under Make in India initiative with Russia support. The Rifles are the latest and the most advanced version of AK-47 rifles. The AK-203 are to replace the INSAS. INSAS are Indian Small Arms System assault rifle. Indian Army has a requirement of around 70,000 AK-203 rifles.
- In critical COVID-19 patients, use of Steroids recommended by WHO The World Health Organization recently recommended the use of steroid drugs to treat COVID-19. The WHO trials say that the Corticosteroid drugs reduce the risk of death in critical COVID-19 patients by 20%. An analysis of seven international trials found that the Corticosteroid drugs reduced the risk of death in critical COVID-19 patients. The trials also found that low dose hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone and dexamethasone improved the survival rates of critically ill COVID-19 patients.
- UNEP released report “Enhancing Nationally Determined Contributions for Food Systems” The United Nations Environment Programme recently released a report, “Enhancing Nationally Determined Contributions for Food Systems”. According to the report, adding diet and food loss to climate change shall improve mitigation and adaption contributions towards food systems by 25%. The report says that food loss has been ignored widely. The Sustainable Development Goals can be achieved by 2030 if food loss and waste are added to climate action plans.
- Rejuvenation of 13 rivers The Union Minister Prakash Javadekar announced that the centre is working rejuvenation of 13 rivers. The Minister announced this on the occasion of celebration of “Cauvery Calling” movement. The 13 rivers that are rejuvenation are Beas, Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej, Yamuna, Luni, Narmada, Godavari, Cauvery, Krishna, Mahanadi and Brahmaputra. Apart from these, a special programme is being implemented to rejuvenate River Ganga under National Mission for Clean Ganga. The Cauvery Calling and Rally for Rivers are movements that were launched to spread message of river revitalization in the World.
- Indo-Pacific Strategy launched by Germany The Current European Union President and the largest economy of Europe, Germany, launched Indo-Pacific strategy. It was launched with India. The strategy has several indirect references to Chinese behavior in the Indo-Pacific region. Germany has also suggested to play a key role in the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation and Indian Ocean Rim Association. It will work on maritime safety and disaster risk management.
- New Information Technology Policy approved by Karnataka Karnataka Cabinet approved a new Information Technology Policy, 2020 on 3rd September 2020. The policy will help the state to increase its contribution in achieving its goal of 1 trillion USD. Also, the policy will help the state to create six million jobs. The policy is to be executed between 2020 and 2025. The main goal of the policy is to enable IT Industry to contribute 30% to India’s goal of becoming a trillion-dollar economy.
- SC refused to stay AP High Court Order on English Medium Move On 3rd September 2020, the Supreme Court (SC) refused to stay Andhra Pradesh (AP) High Court Order to strike down the decision of making English the Medium of education in Government Schools. The court quoted Section 29 of the Right to Education Act, 2009. According to the Section, the medium of instruction should be in the child’s mother tongue. The New Education Policy that was recently launched states that the students till Class V should be taught in their mother tongue or regional language or local language. Also, the policy introduced three language formula as per the recommendation made by the Kothari Commission in 1968.
- “One Nation-One Ration Card” scheme joined by Ladakh & Lakshadweep The Union Territories of Ladakh and Lakshadweep have joined Centre’s Ration Card portability scheme “One Nation-One Ration Card”. The “One Nation-One Ration Card” scheme will enable the eligible beneficiaries under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) to avail their entitled foodgrains from any Fair Price Shop in the country using the same ration card. The remaining states are targeted to be integrated into the scheme by March 2021. The total number of States and UT’s linked with scheme becomes 26.
- ‘Home Utsav’ launched by ICICI Bank ICICI Bank has launched a virtual property exhibition under the name “Home Utsav”. The exhibition will digitally showcase real estate projects by renowned developers, across India. The exhibition can be accessed on www.homeutsavicici.com. The exhibition can be accessed by both customers and non-customers of ICICI Bank.
Location Wise Walkin Interviews :