- For Administrative Service officers, Jammu Kashmir Lieutenant Governor launched SPARROW systemThe Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Manoj Sinha recently launched a Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) system for Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Service officers. SPARROW system aims to bring more transparency, avoid loss of Appraisal Reports during the transition, ensure better monitoring and timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Successful flight test of Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle by DRDODefence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully demonstrated the Hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology with the flight test of the Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha on 7th September 2020. India now becomes the fourth country after the United States, Russia and China to develop and successfully test Hypersonic Technology. It will serve as the building block for next-generation Hypersonic Cruise missiles.
- New President of Federation of Automobile Dealers Association appointedVinkesh Gulati, has been appointed as the 35th president of the Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA). He succeeds Ashish Harsharaj Kale and will serve the role of president from 2020 to 2022. The FADA is an Apex National body representing automobile dealers of the India.
- International Literacy Day is observed on 8th SeptemberInternational Literacy Day is observed annually on 8 September across the world to highlight the importance of literacy to individuals, communities and societies. The day was declared by UNESCO on 26th October 1966 at 14th session of UNESCO’s General Conference. It was celebrated for the first time in 1967. The theme of the 54th International Literacy Day is “Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond”.
- Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee constituted by NITI AayogNITI Aayog has constituted a Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC). The MPICC is chaired by Ms. Sanyukta Samaddar, Advisor (SDG). NITI Aayog is a nodal agency for the Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) and has been assigned the responsibility of leveraging the monitoring mechanism for it and to drive reforms. Global MPI is an international measure of multidimensional poverty covering 107 developing countries and was first developed in 2010 by Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for UNDP’s Human Development Reports.
Location Wise Walkin Interviews :