- New President of All India Tennis Association is elected The All India Tennis Association (AITA) has elected BJP (Bhartiya Janta Party) Rajya Sabha member Anil Jain as its new President. He will replace Praveen Mahajan, whose tenure as AITA President came to end this year. Previously, Jain served as the Vice-President of AITA from 2016-2020. Apart from him, Anil Dhupar has been chosen as the Secretary-General, while India’s Davis Cup captain Rohit Rajpal was elected as the Treasurer of the National Federation. They all have been elected unanimously for a four-year term till 2024.
- First Trilateral Dialogue held virtually between India-France-Australia The first India-France-Australia Trilateral Dialogue was held virtually with a focus on enhancing the cooperation in the Indo-Pacific Region on 9th September 2020. The dialogue held discussions on economic and geo-strategic challenges and cooperation in the Indo-Pacific Region in context with COVID-19 particularly. Participants of Trilateral dialogue are – Harsh Vardhan Shringla, Foreign Secretary of India, Francois Delattre, Secretary-General, French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Frances Adamson, Secretary, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- India’s GDP for Financial Year 2021 at -11.8% predicted by India Ratings India Ratings and Research has projected India’s FY-21 GDP growth forecast at -11.8% as against its earlier prediction of -5.3%. For Financial Year 2022, India Ratings and Research projects India’s GDP at 9.9%. The Rating agency estimates the economic loss in FY-21 to be Rupees 18.44 lakh crore.
- On 10th September, World Suicide Prevention Day is observed Every year, on 10th September, World Suicide Prevention Day is observed. The objective of this day is to create awareness about the mental health and prevent suicides. Suicide is 10th leading cause of death worldwide and more than 1 million people die by suicide every year globally. This amounts to a death in every 40 seconds and about 3000 every year. This is almost 1.5% of total deaths. Suicide is more common in people above age 70, but in certain countries people in age group of 15-30 is also highly vulnerable. Despite of the high mortality, there are very limited numbers of organizations engaged in suicide prevention.
- Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs launched by Finance Minister Union Minister of Finance, Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Doorstep Banking Services by Public Sector Banks (PSBs). The service aims to provide banking services to the customers of Public Sector Banks at their doorstep via three modes – 1) Call Centre (18001037188 or 18001213721). 2) Web Portal (www.psbdsb.in). 3) Mobile Application ‘Doorstep Banking’ (DSB). The service is available in 11 languages. It aims to deliver the services in 3 hours. For this 100 Doorstep Banking Centres have been established across India. All 12 Public Sector Banks have been covered in this scheme.
- International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed on 9th September The United Nations recognized International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed on 9th September to raise awareness regarding the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for students and educators and the need to keep education at the top of the public agenda. The day is being celebrated for the first time in 2020. The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 9th September as International Day to Protect Education from Attack on 29th May 2020. UN calls for action to prevent attacks on education and to do more to mobilize resources for humanitarian funding and education programs. UNESCO and UNICEF will facilitate the annual observance of the Day in close collaboration with partners within and outside the UN system.
- Chatbot ‘Apka Mitra’ launched by Haryana Government Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana launched an online registration portal for admissions in Undergraduate (UG) programmes in Government, aided and self-financed colleges for the new academic session 2020-2021. This portal has been launched in wake of COVID-19 Pandemic, so that students can complete their entire admission process from home. Besides, the registration and prospectus fee of all Undergraduate courses has also been waived. Chief Minister also launched WhatsApp chatot “Apka Mitra” to resolve any admission-related queries of the students. Students can send a message on WhatsApp chatbot number 7419444449 to get any information regarding admissions, scholarships, etc.
- In EASE 2.0 Index, Bank of Baroda Topped Bank of Baroda has topped the EASE Banking Reforms Index 2.0. State Bank of India and erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce are second and third respectively. EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) reform index is prepared by the Indian Banking Association (IBA). The aim of the index is to bring fruitful change in the (Public Sector Banks) PSBs by bringing in healthy competition among these PSBs and by encouraging them to learn from each other. The Index measures the performance of the Public Sector Bank on more than 120 objective metrics based on six themes.
- Loan Product ‘SAFAL’ to be launch by SBI State Bank of India (SBI) Managing Director C S Setty has announced that State Bank of India will launch a loan product, SAFAL, for organic cotton growers who don’t have any credit history. It stands for Safe and Fast Agriculture Loan (SAFAL) State Bank of India will use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for this purpose.
Location Wise Walkin Interviews :