- Oxford Vaccine trial resumed in United KingdomThe clinical trials of Astrazeneca vaccine were halted recently due to some safety reasons in the United Kingdom when one of the volunteers reported unexplained in his body after taking the vaccine. After the safety review, the Oxford and his partner Drug Company said in a separate statement that the clinical trial will resume. Astrazeneca in collaboration with Oxford University was working on the front line for a successful trial of the COVID-19 vaccine. Recently on Saturday both the Oxford University and the drug regulatory completed the probe and came up with the safety report that the unexplained illness was not caused due to the vaccine.
- In Delhi, first Airport Corona virus testing facility launchedIndia’s first Corona virus airport testing facility has been launched at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport. Passengers can book the testing the slot an hour before the time of arrival and around 4-6 hours before the departure flight. The test results are available with in 4-6 hours. Passengers will have to provide their details such as name, contact details and valid ID proof for applying online for this facility.
- In Bihar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates to Nation Three projects related to petroleum sectorPrime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation three key projects related to the petroleum sector in Bihar worth more than rupees 900 crore via video conferencing on 13th September 2020. The project includes 1) Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project. 2) Two LPG bottling plants in East Champaran and Banka. They have been commissioned by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- In Madhya Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the Grih Parvesham eventPrime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the ‘Grih Pavesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh through video conferencing. Under this, 1.75 lakh families in Madhya Pradesh delivered Pucca houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin. Prime Minister Narendra Modi also interact with the beneficiaries under PMAY-G in Madhya Pradesh.
- On 14th September, National Hindi Day is celebratedHindi Diwas or Hindi Day is an annual day celebrated on 14 September in India to celebrate the popularity of Hindi as an official language of the country. Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14 September because on this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India had adopted Hindi written in Devanagari Script as the official language of the Republic of India. The language was adopted under the Article 343 of the Indian Constitution.
- Raghuvansh Prasad Singh former Union Minister passes away at 74Former Union Minister and veteran leader of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Raghuvansh Prasad Singh has passed away after a developed for COVID-19 complications. He was a member of 15th Lok Sabha of India and represented the Vaishali Constituency of Bihar. Raghuvansh Prasad Singh had served as the Union Minister for Rural Development in Prime Minister Manmohan’s Singh Cabinet. He was widely regarded as the brain behind the conceptualization and implementation of NREGA (National Rural Employment Guarantee Act).
- US Open Tennis TournamentIn Tennis, Japan’s Naomi Osaka defeated Victoria Azarenka of Belarus, 1-6, 6-3, 6-3, to clinch the Women’s Singles Title in the 2020 US Open Tennis Tournament. This is the third Grand Slam title for the fourth seed Osaka. The 22 year old Osaka previously won the title and the 2018 US Open and 2019 Australian Open. She is now the first Asian player to win three Grand Slam Singles Title. The Victory has moved up to number three in the world ranking.
- F1 Tuscan Grand Prix 2020Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the Formula One Grand Prix 2020 held on 13th September 2020. This was his 6th win of the season and 90th F1 win of his career. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) came second followed by Alexander Albon (Red Bull-Thailand) at third place. The Tuscan Grand Prix (first edition) was the ninth race of the 2020 Formula One World Championship.
- Subhash Kamath elected as Chairman of ASCI Subhash Kamath has been elected as the chairman of the board governors of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI). He is the chief Executive at advertising agency BBH & Publicis Worldwide, India. He will replace Rohit Gupta, President, Sony Pictures Networks.
- Venice Film Festival 2020 The Marathi language feature film ‘The Disciple’ written and directed by Mumbai-based filmmaker Chaitanya Tamhane, has bagged the prestigious FIPRESCI award for Best Screenplay at the 77th Venice Film Festival. The annual Venice International Film Festival 2020 was held from 2 to 12 September 2020. The Disciple is the first Indian Film to have been selected in a major competition category at a European Festival in 20 years after Mira Nair’s Monsoon Wedding in 2021. The award is presented by ‘The International Federation of Film Critics, FIPRESCI (Federation Internationale de la Presse CInematographique).
Location Wise Walkin Interviews :